The aim of the fellowship is to increase the capacity, decision-making power, and effectiveness of women leaders.
Vital Voices in collaboration with Freeport-McMoRan has launched a VVEngage fellowship to advance women’s public leadership and the SDGs. The aim of the fellowship is to increase the capacity, decision-making power, and effectiveness of women leaders, shifting culture around women’s public leadership and working towards a more inclusive and equitable world by advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through policy.
What’s in it for you?
Here’s what you can expect from VVEngage Fellowship.
- Online and in-person training with experts such as women leaders from the Vital Voices Global Network and professors from Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government.
- Connecting participants with a global network of peers and mentors, such as current and former female heads of state with the Council of Women World Leaders, with whom they can brainstorm and share challenges and best practices.
- Rigorous courses in topics such as Leadership, Strategic Communications, Political Strategy, and Governance.
- Acquire specific skills to achieve goals and advance the SDGs in their communities.
Following are the eligibility criteria for the VVEngage Fellowship.
- You should have a minimum of 3 years of experience working in elected or appointed office or as a key decision maker for a civil society organization or political leadership work.
- You should be proficient in English
- Aligning yourself with core principles of the Vital Voices Leadership Model that includes an innovative and collaborative approach to reach the mission, engaging in the community, committed to working with different political ideologies, advancing the status of women and girls, and committed to good governance.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Desire to network with other women in public life
- Basic understanding of policy making process in your community
- Deadline – 26 March, 2023 by 11:59 PM EST
- Duration of Fellowship – April 2023 to December 2023
- Time commitment – 8 hours per month
- Fees – Fully Funded