J-PAL Young Leaders Fellowship Program 2022
The Young Leaders Fellowship Program (YLP) serves as a catalyst for training and developing leadership talent in the evidence to policy space. Young professionals with a strong interest in managerial career trajectories will be provided an accelerated pathway to leadership and managerial portfolios within J-PAL South Asia. The program offers candidates a paid fellowship opportunity, rigorous apprenticeship, and exposure to cross-functional roles within the organization, resulting in the development of comprehensive technical and soft skills.
Program start date: August 8, 2022
The deadline for submitting applications is 11:59 PM IST, June 27, 2022.
About the Program
Staff selected into the program are required to make a two-year commitment to the organization, wherein the first six to 12 months will constitute a rigorous on-the-job learning program. This full-time, paid fellowship will provide candidates with the opportunity to:
- Understand the behind-the-scenes of a research project as well as get holistic exposure to other cross-vertical functions critical to J-PAL.
- Get equipped with a multitude of skills such as project and financial management, complex stakeholder management, data acquisition, generation and management, etc.
- Develop skills in critical thinking, time management, writing and presenting, and multi-tasking, while working with teams across different functions and with external stakeholders.
Candidates may be selected into a full-time learning track (a 12 month learning program) or an accelerated learning track (a four to six month learning program) based on their prior experience.
- An advanced degree (Master’s) is required, preferably in Economics, Public Policy, Public Health, Statistics or Data Sciences. Candidates with a four-year Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (BE/BTech) may also apply.
- Two to five years of experience in project management, research management or program design and/or evaluation, within the context of a developing country.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills are essential, in particular, the ability to communicate complex ideas simply and effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to the development sector.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Stata/R/Python.
Learn more about Program Structure and How to Apply Here