Research for Impact Fellowship 2023
The goal of the fellowship is to cultivate a network of academics to generate evidence-based policy processes in India.
J-PAL is hosting a ‘Research for Impact Fellowship 2023’ to enhance the capacity of Indian Ph.D. scholars in conducting impact evaluations. The goal of the fellowship is to cultivate a network of academics to generate evidence-based policy processes in India.
What’s in it for you?
Following are the elements you can expect from the fellowship
- Theoretical knowledge and practical skills that will help you in designing and implementing randomized evaluations to analyze social policies and programs
- You will get your lessons from world-renowned faculty that has vast experience in randomized evaluations
- You can learn best practices in large-scale primary data collection from J-PAL’s staff that has huge experience in this domain
- You will be able to work on addressing the challenges of global poverty through first-hand experience in randomized studies
Who can apply for the fellowship?
The fellowship is open to those who are
- Currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Economics, Public Policy, Public Health, or a related empirical discipline
- The Ph.D. should be registered at the any University of India. Candidates who have already received their Ph.D. degrees are not eligible to apply.
Structure of the Research for Impact Fellowship 2023
- Stage 1 (January – April, 2023)
You need to complete the online MITx MicroMasters course Designing and Running Randomized Evaluations. Your performance in the first three weeks will play a deciding role in the scholarship award decisions. Please ensure you start the course on time and follow all the specified deadlines. You need to score at least 50 percent as a final grade to be eligible to be passed the exam.
- Stage 2 (May – November, 2023)
Support an ongoing J-PAL randomized evaluation for at least two months.
- Deadline – 22 January, 2023
- Commencement of the course – 31 January, 2023
- Scholarship Award for Course – 28 February, 2023