Fiscal Fellowship 2023
This fellowship is for students and early-career professionals.
CivicDataLab has launched a fellowship program called ‘Fiscal Fellowship 2023’. This fellowship is for students and early-career professionals. The fellows will be working in the domain of Public Finance. They will work on projects like Open Budgets India, Open Contracting India, and Budget for Justice, among others.
Following are the eligibility criteria for Fiscal Fellowship 2023.
- Fellows should have completed degrees in Economics, Development Studies, or a related Social Science field. The degree should have been completed in 2022 from a recognized university.
- Fellows can also enroll those who are pursuing their Master’s program or higher degree in the field of Economics, Development Studies, or related Social Science field from a recognized university.
- Fellows should be familiar with data analysis techniques and tools and have knowledge about public finance data.
- Fellows should be able to show proficiency in research, public writing, and presentation skills.
- Willing to devote time for at least two months in a full-time or part-time capacity.
About the Organisation
CivicDataLab is a research lab working at the intersection of data, tech, design, and social science to strengthen the course of civic engagements in India. They work to harness the potential of open knowledge movements and better enable citizens to engage in matters of public reform.
About the Project
Open Contracting India is an initiative by CivicDataLab in partnership with Open Contracting Partnership that aims at making public procurement processes in India more efficient, accessible, and participatory. They do this by onboarding governments to international data standards for curating and releasing data, developing platforms to analyze their data for better decision-making, and creating case studies and resource material to understand the gaps and benefits of actions.
Application Deadline – January 1, 2023
Commencement of Fellowship – January 16, 2023
End of Fellowship – April 15, 2023
Stipend – Rs 25,000 (Full-time), Rs 12,500 (Part-time)