Tech for Good: The Role of ICT in Achieving the SDGs
Source – edX
UNESCO developed the ‘Tech for Good: The Role of ICT in Achieving the SDGs’ course that brings together thought leaders and changemakers in the fields of information and communication technologies (ICT) and sustainable development to show how digital technologies are empowering billions of people around the world by providing access to education, healthcare, banking, and government services.
Who is it for?
- Technology specialists who want to understand more about how ICT is being used to improve people’s lives around the world.
- Sustainable development practitioners who need to understand the opportunities and limitations of technology in a development context.
- Advanced undergraduates and graduate students interested in the key concepts and practices of this exciting and ever-changing field.
What’s in it for you?
- ICT can improve access to knowledge and services, promote transparency, and encourage collaboration
- Responsible collection and use of data requires governance, security, and trust
- ICT projects should be contextualized and inclusive
- Technology is not neutral! Be aware of bias in design and implementation