Punjab Good Governance Fellowship Program
The fellowship aimed to bring about a social impact while providing training and exposure to development fellows.
Indian School of Business in collaboration with the Government of Punjab has launched a fellowship titled ‘Punjab Good Governance Fellowship Program’. The fellowship aimed to bring about a social impact while providing training and exposure to development fellows.
20 Young Professionals will be placed in State Head Quarter (Chandigarh) as Governance Fellows. 29 Young Professionals will be placed as District Development Fellows across the districts in Punjab and in 6 Municipal Corporations. These fellows will bring reforms in governance and work towards the smooth implementation of the projects.
What’s in it for you?
Following are the ways the fellowship program will help you in your career journey.
- Opportunity to work closely with Department’s Administrative Secretary/ Directorate/ Deputy Commissioner
- Understanding nuances of public administration
- Work on social welfare and economic development policies
- Learn soft skills like leadership and effective decision making
- Learn capacity building for the smooth delivery of social impact projects
What will you do as a Development Fellow?
- Ensure smooth delivery of government programs and remove the roadblocks if any
- Communicate with all kinds of stakeholders for better coordination and implementation
- Assess the ground reality of existing programs to recognize bottlenecks
- Ideate social projects that address developmental problems
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation and convey updates to the Department of Government Reforms and the Lead Governance
- Create a repository of best practices and innovations in governance
- Postgraduate with one year of full-time work experience or graduate with 3 years of full-time work experience (Internships and Volunteering are not counted as work experience)
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of Hindi and Punjabi is an advantage
- Age Criteria – 23-30 years
- Hold an Indian Citizenship
- Deadline – 18 December 2022
- Result Announcement – February 2023
- Commencement of Program – March 2023