Professional Fellows for Governance and Society, South and Central Asia
Source – World Learning
Administered by World Learning, the Professional Fellows for Governance and Society, South and Central Asia program brings young professionals to the U.S. to exchange ideas, strategies, and best practices in the legislative process and policymaking. This program is for emerging leaders from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Nepal, and the United States.
What’s in it for you?
Here is what you can expect from Professional Fellows for Governance and Society, South and Central Asia program
- Develop and implement projects in their home country that promote good governance, strengthen civil society, and/or support democratic institutions
- Create and maintain linkages and networks between Americans and other Professional Fellows
- Explore governance principles and practices in both public and civil society institutions in the U.S.
- Enhance their appreciation for the role of civil society in the political process
- Increase cooperation between the government and civil society of India, Pakistan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka
Here are the Eligibility Criteria for the program
- Aged between 25-40
- Citizens from India, Pakistan, Nepal, and Sri Lanka
- Involved in the legislative process; governance; public administration; policy-making
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, proven leadership abilities
- Written and oral English proficiency is required
- Program Timelines – September to October 2023 or May to June 2024
- Fees – Fully Funded
- Deadline – May 3 at 11:30 PM Eastern Time.