Call for Applications: DA CHANGEMAKER PROGRAM 2021
Bringing together passionate individuals to advocate & fundraise for Adult Literacy
About the programme
TARA Akshar+, an adult literacy programme has made more than 2 lakh women foundationally literate to read, write and numerate. The programme has empowered them to make decisions and bring about a change in their conditions. By using cognitive techniques combined with modern technology and weaving the local community’s customs, this programme has revolutionized the space of adult literacy in the past decade. The benefits of increased levels of literacy are beyond numbers, it means a more equitable and inclusive society. TARA Akshar+ strives for building confidence in women and ignite their minds with the power to make informed decisions.
They work closely with women of rural India to bring learning opportunities for all. The Coronavirus pandemic has struck different aspects of lives around the globe. Hence, this programme is even more relevant in today’s time, especially in rural India. As we are all trying to persevere through the brutal times, the pandemic has forced us to dive deeper into the current situation of the ones who are more resource-constrained than one might imagine and has highlighted the importance of being foundationally, digitally & financially literate in an unpredictable world.
Hence, their programme is an action to solve the difficulties that rural women face due to illiteracy and its resultant perils. Because when all learners have equitable access to technology, when everyone participates, and when everyone learns, we all benefit from a more engaged, informed, and just society.
About the Organization
Development Alternatives (DA), the world’s first social enterprise dedicated to sustainable development, is a research and action organization striving to deliver socially equitable, environmentally sound, and economically scalable development outcomes. Their activities broadly cover three primary areas that underlie any sustainable development process: the design and large-scale dissemination of appropriate technologies, rational environmental management systems, and equitable people-oriented institutions and policies. TARA Akshar+ is one such high-tech tool to empower poor and marginalized women with reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
Leadership in times of crisis
Development Alternatives, therefore, is looking for proactive, passionate individuals who can raise funds for these rural women and become a voice of change in their circles. You would receive around the clock mentorship from experts of various fields – education, advocacy, and fundraising.
Of course, you also get a chance to transform not just lives but generations! Are you willing to be a changemaker? Then go ahead and apply.
What’s in store for you?
• Hands-on experience with a social organization, insights about some of the most pressing developmental issues, and innovative solutions to counter them
• An Opportunity to grow holistically as a human being and evolve into a more compassionate individual
• Training on Advocacy & Fundraising skills: If you plan to make a career in building partnerships, outreach, and fundraising, this is a must program for you
• Mentorship from seasoned professionals to build your own personalized fundraising campaign, tickling your grey matter and arriving at innovative ways to fundraise
• Certificate of completion upon closure for participants that fundraise successfully for TARA Akshar+
Who can apply?
We are looking for working professionals, students, or housemakers from across the globe who:
• Have a deep passion for literacy, human rights, and social causes
• Have a critical acumen and will not hesitate to go an extra mile
• Have access to a computer and internet connection
• Have the availability and will to contribute 4 weeks of voluntary service to complete the program
• Where: Online
• From 16th of August
• Duration: 4 Weeks/40 hours
›July 28 – August 11: Application submission
› August 5 – 11: Application evaluation on a rolling basis
› August 12: Profiles assessment
› August 13: Letter of acceptance
› August 16: Module 1: Introduction to DA and the Changemaker Program
› August 17: Module 2: Introduction to TARA Akshar+
› August 18: Module 3: Building Advocacy skills
› August 19: Module 4: Learning Fundraising Strategies
› August 23: Fundraising Plans, Presentation & Feedback
› August 24: Final presentation submission
› August 25 – September 12: Running your own Fundraising Campaign
› September 12: Program closure
How to apply?
Fill up the Google Form by the 11th of August 2021, 2100 hours IST. Click here to apply
For any query, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org